Tuesday, December 31, 2013

DESIGNER JOURNAL: New Years Resolutions


I love New Years.

You won't find me in a huge crowd when the clock strikes midnight or dancing at a party. I usually spend New Years with my family. We watch movies, eat too much, the kids get cranky at nine, but we let them stay up anyway. Maybe it's boring, but it's relaxing and I love it.

I see the new year as a new beginning. It's a chance to set new goals and feel unrealistically ambitious. Every year has been an an insanely big year since I turned 18 so the start or a new chapter is extra motivating. I can't wait. I have goal lists from when I was a kid in my journals somewhere. Most of them have the same 4 things unchecked:

-Learn French
-Travel to Europe
-Pay off my debts
-Learn Guitar

Along with a page or two of others that I've actually managed to conquer. So this year, I thought I'd share my Resolutions with you, and I'll be coming back to this post throughout the year to cross off completed ones.

IN 2014:


2014 PERSONAL RESOLUTIONS:
  • I'll Finally Learn French
  • Take the kids back to Disneyland
  • Create and live within a realistic budget
  • Install can lighting and rip out the popcorn ceiling in the basement
  • Take weekend vacations with Jon to Long Beach, Vegas, Seattle, and Portland without the kids
  • Pay off half our debt (<- Trying to be more realistic here)
  • Complete the bodybuilding.com workout program I've started 3 times.
  • Write 5 things I'm grateful for atleast 4 times a week
  • Plant something and keep it alive for an entire season
  • Enroll the kids in Karate, Gymnastics, and Ballet
  • Take an art class with Jon

2014 BUSINESS RESOLUTIONS:
  • Attend Magic (A trade show for the fashion industry)
  • Be a vendor at the Magic Trade Show
  • Sell my clothing line at 10 eCommerce sites
  • Sell my Clothing line at 20 Brick-and-Mortar Boutiques
  • Keep up on my blog!
  • Maintain a relationship with my SCORE.org adviser
  • Launch collections along the time frames of the industry rather than "when I have a moment"
  • Make all updates to the website (LissmeeApparel.com) that are on my list
  • Have at least 12 unpaid press publications for the year
Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment