Thursday, November 21, 2013

DESIGNER SPOTLIGHT: EcoShag

It's inspiring to find brands with a true sense of humanism, activism, and heart. EcoShag is an accessory label that uses vintage and eco-conscious fabrics in everything they create. Each piece is beautifully handcrafted in Los Angeles, California. Tania Hillberg, owner of EcoShag, has built her brand to be able to spend more quality time with her kids.... sound familiar? Take a look at her work and you'll love her too!

HEATHER BROWN Head Scarf, Hair Wrap, Headband - Bohemian Cocoa Brown Womens Hair Accessories - Head Scarves, Hair Wraps

"EcoShag was born from a nostalgic place. Memories of my sister and I in our bedroom, making scarf necklaces on our beautifully outdated, 1970’s, burnt orange shag carpet. She was 7 years my senior and knee deep in all that was rad. Marching to the beat of her own drum came naturally, and it was growing up around this spirit for creativity that inspired me to start what I now fondly call, EcoShag."

SALT AND PEPPER Infinity Scarf - Chunky Marled Tube Scarf - Speckled Circle Scarf - Fashion Scarf - Chunky Infinity Cowl - Winter Scarf



"Below the surface of EcoShag, you'll find my own personal movement for change. Whether its helping an individual in need, a grassroots organization, or to support a larger, more well known charity; my goal is to do as much as I can, while I can. The betterment of humanity has always been an integral part of my life, and I truly believe that a humble spirit and a giving heart are key in changing the world as we know it."

JET BLACK Snood - Chunky Black Scarf - Oversized Winter Knit Infinity Scarf - Fashion Scarf for Women - Chunky Infinity Cowl

https://www.etsy.com/shop/EcoShag

No comments:

Post a Comment