Tuesday, November 26, 2013

LISSMEE BACKSTAGE: Our Favorite Time-Saving Apps

I own 2 businesses, balance school, and have 3 kids under the age of six. My days are always long and it's a constant battle to stay balanced. Tonight I'm tired.... honestly. But I can truly say I have loved every part of my day so I can't wait to do it all again tomorrow. Here's a glimpse of my time saving IPhone Apps that make my crazy life possible. 

Sounds crazy, but I always go to sleep with the Sleep Time App It works just like an alarm clock but tracks my sleep patterns and wakes me up only when I am done with a full sleep cycle. The first night I used it, I woke up so much easier and in a better mood. You can set an alarm for 15 minutes and it may wake you up in 20, but you'll actually wake up feeling better. On restless nights it will chart all your movement. Crazy.


I love the Cozi App to keep track on random To Do's, Shopping Lists, Etc. The best part is, I can update my shopping lists on the go and they are immediately visible for my husband while he's out and about. I separate lists for business, home, etc. and keep all our shared To-Do lists in separate categories like Home Projects, LissMee tasks, and Press Publications



Cozi also has a family locator I use on late-night photo-shoots. It let's him see where I am, links me to 911 if I'm in trouble, and sends an emergency text to him with one click...... I have done it on accident though. It also will show your proximity to all registered sex offenders and their police pictures. It's so creepy but also, kind of awesome.



Red Lazer is most popular for it's reliable bar-code scanner but I love it most for it's other features. It automatically compares prices on the same item from other retail stores and online venues.  Red Lazer also automatically shows what retail stores are close to you via GPS and what sales they are having. It carries coupons within the app so your always sure to get the best deal without all the time-draining effort.



But above all, the app I use the most that has hands-down saved me the most time and kept me on task the most is my Google Calendar. I balance play dates with projects I'm working on and everything in between. I joke that if it's not on the calendar, it's not going to get done. I love it because I can drag and drop meetings and with the last IPhone update, I can create an vent off someone's text message. Awesome.





No comments:

Post a Comment